Virso Tablet Sofosbuvir (400mg)
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||India|
|INDICATION||Treatment of Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection|
|PACKAGING||28 tablets in 1 bottle|
|MANUFACTURER||Zydus Cadila Pharma|
Virso Tablet Sofosbuvir (400mg) is an antiviral medication. It is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It works by lowering a load of hepatitis C virus in the body and removing the virus from the blood over a period of time.
Virso Tablet should be taken in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. It should be taken with food, preferably at a fixed time. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
It has fewer side effects as compared to other similar medicines, like fatigue, headache, nausea, insomnia (difficulty sleeping) and anemia (low red blood cell count). Inform your doctor if these side effects persist for a longer duration. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
USES OF VIRSO TABLET
- Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
BENEFITS OF VIRSO TABLET
In Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
SIDE EFFECTS OF VIRSO TABLET
Common side effects of Virso
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
HOW TO USE VIRSO TABLET
HOW VIRSO TABLET WORKS
Virso Tablet, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepatitis c infection, may produce dizziness, blurred vision and this may affect your ability to drive.
Limited information is available on use of Virso Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate kidney disease.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE VIRSO TABLET?
- Virso Tablet is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It has fewer side effects compared to other similar medications.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don’t drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
Do not stop taking Virso Tablet without your doctor’s advice.